Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 9

I don't really like Wednesdays and Mondays because I can't really go anywhere because I have class at noon.  However, I woke up at 8, and went running in Richmond Park.  The weather wasn't as good as I would have liked, but it was better scenery than anything else.  After missing breakfast, I went to class at noon.  The teacher is a little scattered as to what he is trying to cover, as he is trying to teach to many things at once.  People who've never taken a business class before are completely lost, and my accounting class at EHHS was pretty much exactly the same to what we are learning now, so the class is paying off.  For lunch, instead of going to the dining hall, I went to the sandwich place which is a better deal.  For lunch you can get a sandwich of your choice, a side, and a drink and take it go instead of sitting in the dining hall. I'll probably do that everyday for lunch, because the dining hall is pretty terrible except for brunch and breakfast.  Although they put pears out today, so it was refreshing compared the the thousands of apples and bananas I've been eating. After lunch, I did my accounting homework and my next journal entry due Monday and read several chapters for Marketing.  Supper (which apparently is a word never heard before here) was pretty terrible. But after supper we all went walking around Richmond, just to explore and to do something and to get a snack. We came back at about 9, and are now watching Iron Man 2 in the common room.  Some people are going on a tour of street art this weekend, but they are all cheap and are talking about not paying the tour guide, so it's getting me annoyed. People bought a lot of snacks today at Tesco's and I don't understand how people are wasting money on stuff like that, but won't pay a tour guide. People also don't understand why I choose not to dorm and told me that I'm not really experiencing college and have no life, which I guess is nothing new.  No one really believed me when I said I like living with my grandparents.  I guess their grandparents aren't as fun or cool.  However dorming isn't as bad as I thought. It's still not ideal, but I honestly thought it would be worse.  Tomorrow some of us are going to King's Cross to see that Harry Potter store that opened near the Platform 9 3/4. We're also going to stop at some cute little bookstores on the way back. Friday I think I might visit the British Library or another museum while others go to a club. It is so beautiful here, although it is too cold for my liking. I'm excited for marketing to start on Monday and to see a lot of museums this weekend. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment