Friday, September 25, 2015

Day 25

After having a kind of sleepover last night, and I say kind of because it just consisted of me and my roommate bunking in Emelia's room next door then leaving at like 3, we were all pretty tired when we woke up for our field trip.  We met at 9:45 and walked down to the Tube to go to Portabello Market.  This was similar to Camden Market which we went to a couple weeks ago, but it was less touristy things and more vintage clothing and flea market items.  It was also annoying because all the shops literally lined a road, but cars could drive down that road, so it was hard to look at everything while avoiding cars too, while at Camden Market it was a sectioned off flea market type area.  We then met up at a place called the Fish Shop which was said to have the best fish and chips.  Thankfully, WNE was paying for our lunch, and it annoyed me how easily the other kids took advantage of that.  They were all getting beers and huge meals and appetizers, while I just got fish and chips. The fish was really good and it was a huge portion of it so I could barely finish it.  After lunch, our teacher took some kids back to campus while the four of us (my roommate, Emelia, and her roommate) decided to stay and shop and look around a little longer because we had nothing to do all afternoon.  I ended up getting some souvenirs and gifts, and we finally made it back to campus at about 4.  It was then when I found out that my camera charger had finally come!!!!!! I charged it already and my camera is back up and working, just in time for my trip tonight. Everyone but the four of us and the kid I'm going to comicon with, headed out to go to the Zac Brown Band concert, and coincidentally it was everyone but us who got invited to the concert, which caused some tension and awkwardness.  Dinner was pathetic today and none of us could even fill a plate because there was literally nothing to eat.  Luckily, I had bought an amazing cronut filled with chocolate for one pound at the market and was planning to save it for breakfast the next morning, but ate it for dinner instead.  Tonight Andy and I are leaving the campus at 9 to catch our bus to Scotland at 11:45. My night's sleep will be on the bus so I most likely will be sleep deprived after this weekend, but I'm excited, especially now that my camera is functional.  The comicon is sold out for the weekend, so it should be busy. I won't be able to post a blog tomorrow night since I will be sleeping on another bus, but I'll post one as soon as I get back on Sunday morning at 6:45.  Glasgow, here I come :D

No comments:

Post a Comment