Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 3

This morning I slept in until about 8:30, got dressed then went down to breakfast.  I met up with another girl to confirm our Disneyland Paris plans (!), and then met our teacher at 10:30 for a walking tour of Twickenham, a neighboring town. The walk was quiet and long, but we found the everything for a pound store, a good looking bakery, and a nice waterway and a bridge to pose on. People stopped at Starbucks to get drinks (I didn't waste money on that, don't worry Dad). We then walked up to the Twickenham stadium where the Rugby Championships are being held this year. Then we had to hurry back because the dining hall closed at 2 and it was about a 40 minute walk back so we were all pretty exhausted and tired and hungry when we made it back. Lunch included British hot dogs.

After lunch Emelia and I went to the library to print out syllabi and I had to print out my Disney tickets.  We also started looking into other trips (Dublin? Italy? Amsterdam?) and planned those. Then at 4:30 we met for a group picture and at 5 there was a social outside of the school with chocolate covered strawberries and wine and other small finger foods. I have done way too much socializing though in the last couple days, so after about an hour I went back to my room to do some homework do Monday. Honestly, I've met too many people and I get socially exhausted. After I finished, my roommate came into my room and asked if I wanted to go out with her and Dana to walk around Richmond and go to a bakery. We walked around Richmond but surprisingly a lot of stores close before seven, so we struggled to find a place to stop. (Mom, you would love exploring Richmond, though, it is so beautiful and quaint.) Finally we found a place called Cafe Nero and I got the best chocolate cake and Mackenzie and Dana got cookies and hot chocolate.  The hot chocolate was so beautifully decorated and was delicious. We sat and talked and then walked back to Richmond where a bunch of us chilled in a room and talked about going to Rome and Venice over fall break. After walking only nine miles today, we all then went to sleep.  I have to say I am still getting used to waking up and realizing there's another girl in my room. Also, all the girls have decided that it is almost impossible to shave our legs in the shower so we're saving on shaving cream. :D

1 comment:

  1. Ashleigh and I would have never passed on the Starbucks! You are channeling Mom going for the chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete