Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 7

Today was my first day of classes! My first class didn't start until noon, however, so I woke up at 8, ate breakfast, then went for a walk in Richmond Park.  It is so peaceful there.  Also, British people are actually friendly and everyone always seems to nod or say hello when passing another person, something that would never happen back home.  I walked around for a while; it is easy to get lost because the park is huge. There's always a different way to go so you can never get bored. I went back to campus to pack up my school stuff and headed off to my first class and only Richmond-taught class: Accounting.  Five of us from WNE are in the class, so luckily we will all be able to help each other. At noon, only six of us were in the class; people came in really late, but the total was only about 11 or 12. The teacher seems nice, and he started the lesson right away.  He rushed all the information so anyone who hadn't taken a single business class must have been confused right off the bat.  He gave us a little bit of homework to do, but all of us did it right after class.  Also, I'm hoping I won't have to buy the book because there are a lot of copies in the library that I can just borrow.  My roommate is also buying it so I can share with her.  The weird part about the class is that there are no quizzes or any assessments before the midterm in October, so I'm not really sure how we are being graded.  Our homework we do isn't graded, so our grades are only the midterm and final.  However, he said as long as we show up and do homework we will pass, so I'm not too worried.

After class we all went to lunch together and did our homework.  We then took a walk around Richmond, exploring different streets and shops.  We walked back for supper, and everyone else decided to go out to a club or pub or I don't know to celebrate someone's birthday. I, being the introvert person that I am, declined, and instead went to the common room to watch a movie basically by myself.  Tomorrow Emelia and I are getting up early to go to the British Museum for opening, because our class is only Monday and Tuesdays. No one else wanted to go, which is really sad because it is free. Besides that, today wasn't really exciting. I'm going to try and FaceTime Stephen tonight, but my wi-fi is terrible.  I only get wi-fi in the common room, where I am now, and it can get super loud if a lot of people come here. Hopefully before I go to sleep I can catch up on some reading and finish Harry Potter 6. I'm also going to try to post pictures since Professor Hamakawa has left and won't be posting anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping the posts coming! I'm glad to see some pictures!
    Too bad about no one wanting to go to the British Museum - it was really cool!

    ReplyDelete