Thursday, September 10, 2015

Day 10

Today was such a fun day and a good start to a four day weekend.  Seven of us met up at 8:30 for breakfast, then all took the Tube to King's Cross Station to visit Platform 9 3/4.  They have definitely upgraded since we went last when I was in sixth grade, and there is a queue line and professional photographers taking pictures and giving you a scarf to wear.  They also added a small shop next to the photo opportunity where you can buy photos or other Harry Potter merchandise.  It was pretty amazing.  After all of us got our photos taken, and I bought a small ticket for a scrapbook, we then went on to a couple of bookstores that Emelia and I had looked up previously.  The first bookstore was only a couple blocks away, and I was already dubbed 'tour guide' by the rest of the group as I led them around the Tube and to the bookstore using my handy map which no one thought to use or bring.  The first bookstore was so cheap and had more than 50,000 books.  We spent about an hour there just sitting on the ground reading different books, and, because I can never have enough books, got two books at that bookstore.  After that, a guy in our group suggested we go back to King's Cross to eat because he really wanted some kind of pork they sold in tents outside. Their were a lot of little tents with local people selling different food and it all looked so good.  I had a Moroccan lamb flatbread, and it was absolutely amazing. It had caramelized onions, tomatoes, peppers, spinach, and lamb stuffed inside a flatbread with some kind of sauce.  From there, we took the Tube to another station near another bookstore where all the books were one pound.  I got another book here, and Emelia got two.  It was really fun just exploring the little bookshops and just walking around and enjoying the one not-cold day here. We finally went back to Richmond, and Emelia and I joined our roommates for a trip to Kingston before supper because one of them really needed facewash at Lush, and they needed me to figure out the bus system and directions (which I did).  We ate supper, which I swear is getting worse here, then I finished Harry Potter 6.  Afterwards we all hung out in the common room, planning our day tomorrow (Victoria and Albert Museum, Natural History Museum, or Science Museum?). Later tonight, we are all going to try and stay up to watch the Patriots game at 1:30 our time, so for now we are just killing time, or for some people taking naps, until the game starts.

Stylin'.

My delicious Lamb Flatbread.

I can't figure out how to turn this around.

One of the bookstores.

1 comment:

  1. Your handy map????
    and who introduced you to Moroccan food this past summer???

    : )

    ReplyDelete