Friday, September 18, 2015

Day 18

Today was one of the best days of my life.  After waking up at 4:30 with my roommate as she got ready to go to Barcelona, I eventually rewoke at 8.  I finished another book that I had actually just started yesterday, and waited for Emelia and another girl to wake up so we could go down to lunch.  We grabbed a sandwich for lunch and ate it on the walk down to the Tube station.  Getting to the Natural History Museum took forever, as the Tube kept stopping and breaking down.  Eventually, we got there, and walked around for several hours.  It was a good museum, but a lot of it was under construction and there were a lot of school groups making it extremely crowded.  Also, animals and bugs and what not are definitely not my thing, and I still can't even imagine dinosaurs ever walking around the earth.  Anyways, we then went to the science museum which was literally right next door.  We didn't stay as long, though, because I for one hate science and the other people with me didn't find it thrilling either.  It was also a lot less interactive or fun as the other museums I've visited were.  Oddly enough, I enjoyed the Imperial War Museum a lot better than both of the ones I visited today.  After the science museum we stopped to get ice cream since we were hungry and both my throat and Emelia's throats are sore.  We then took the Tube back and napped, which I needed after taking a Benadryl.  We woke up in time for supper (veggie burgers-again :( ), and after supper a guy in our group helped us hook his laptop to the TV in the common room and we watched Gone Girl, which Emelia had wanted to watch since she had just finished reading the book.  The movie was really bizarre, but interesting, although the ending was terrible.  We put in the Great Gatsby next, but I only stayed for barely half of it as the movie wrecked the book and I was exhausted.

In other news, I got accepted into the Disney College Program for the Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got accepted into Quick-Service Food and Beverage, which means that I can be pretty much anywhere from the hotels, water parks, theme parks, etc.  I could make the candy apples, or clean tables, or cook food, or do cash register.  It will be like what I do at Panera.  I'm moving there on January 18, and will stay until May 18. I'm super excited, and I'm not even going to lie, I dropped my phone and started crying when I got the email right before we went down to supper.  This year is starting off amazing in London, and will end well in the happiest place on earth.  Unfortunately, I won't be home much, in fact, I'll be home exactly one month and then I'll be off again.  Luckily, due to the three summer classes I endured this summer, this Program will not severely mess up my schedule. I am going to definitely try to take an online class as well while working, although I will be working from 30-45 hours a week, according to the email I got today.  It's so hard for me now because as much as I am looking forward to all the trips I've planned here, I now almost want it to fly by so I can go to Florida!

Anyways, tomorrow I'm off to see the Tower of London and Shakespeare's Globe Theater.  Apparently liking Shakespeare is a weird thing to others. Have an amazing weekend~~

This was the cute picture from Twickenham I tried posting earlier.  I'm a sucker for vacuums with faces.

Inside of the Natural History Museum.

Pink Fairy Armadillo-awww

Inside the Natural History Museum

Inside of the Science Museum

An exhibit on whether good can control you

ANDD.... my acceptance letter into the most amazing thing I am ever going to do

No comments:

Post a Comment