Monday, September 14, 2015

Day 14

Today was a pretty uneventful day.  I woke up at 8, got breakfast, and then went to class for 9.  My first class is marketing, and so far it seems like a really fun class.  Today our teacher gave us some notes to write down, then put in three episodes of Shark Tank.  After each episode, we then had to analyze the sales pitch, which was really fun.  There was one man who was selling granola bars made with cricket powder, and she even gave us all one.  (They were really disgusting, but at least I tried them.) We also had to make a short advertisement selling the cricket bars, so overall it was a really fun and entertaining class.  All of us know each other well now so I was glad we could jump right into the lessons and all of us feel comfortable around one another.  The class is three hours long, and right after that class I go straight to Accounting.  The accounting teacher is all over the place and I feel as if he doesn't actually know what lesson he is going to cover.  He made us do this huge packet for homework and it covered such a broad range of topics that all of us were confused.

After class, Emelia, her roommate, my roommate, and I all sat together in our room to do the marketing homework and the accounting work.  We had an essay to write for marketing and the whole packet for accounting.  I actually missed doing schoolwork so I was done with that essay quickly, but all of us struggled with the accounting packet and it took us until supper time to actually finish.  We then went to supper and took a break and just walked around Richmond for a couple hours.  Unfortunately we can't really go anywhere until Friday, so walking around is the best we can do, but it is still nice to do so.  The weather was really cold today though, and I was actually tempted to put gloves on.  Besides that, nothing new happened today. Like I said, this week will be uneventful as I actually have school.

No comments:

Post a Comment