Sunday, September 6, 2015

Day 6

This morning was the first real morning I got to sleep in. I woke up at about 10, and my roommate, Emelia, and her roommate and I all met up for brunch.  We then decided to walk over to Richmond Park to just explore.  It was such a beautiful day, and it was the first day where I didn't need to wear a coat or a sweatshirt.  The park is huge, and there are so many different paths to take.  People ride horses, bikes, scooters, etc., all around and cars can drive straight through to hit the next town, Kingston. We walked for a long time, and sat down on a bench in front of a small pond where people were playing catch with their dogs. It was really relaxing and beautiful to just people watch. Later in the afternoon, Mackenzie (my roommate) and Dana (Emelia's roommate) wanted to go to Oxford Street to shop, so we decided to go with them. I had wanted to visit a store called Primark because they have a huge selection of Disney clothes and has been on my to-do list for London for a while.  It's comparable to Forever 21 because the clothes are really inexpensive. I was in charge of getting us there because we had to switch lines on the Tube and no one really knew how to read the signs or where to get off. Luckily, I've had good practice and didn't get us lost. We got off near Oxford Street and Dana and Mackenzie went to a store called New Look and bought shoes and dresses.  I went to Primark with Emelia and got a shirt that has a quote from Walt Disney on it.  I saw the shirt on Instagram about a month ago and knew I needed to get that. We didn't have much time after that because the Tube to Central London from Richmond is about an hour.  Primark was also insanely crowded and chaotic so it was hard to even move about and look.  We rushed to the Tube to get back to Richmond in time for dinner because dinner stops exactly at 6:45.  We basically jogged the mile back to our campus from the Tube station and made it just in time for dinner.  Also, I learned today that there is a hot chocolate machine as a part of the meal plan so my life just got better.  However, the fact that the food selection is really bad just hit me today too.  I think I've already eaten more than 20 bananas and apples since I got here. I tried salmon pasta today, though, and it was pretty good.  I had chicken sausage for breakfast, too, in case anyone was wondering. After we ate I went up to do my laundry. There's only 5 washers and dryers, so it's basically a race to use them.  I miss Mamma doing my wash for me :) . I put my wash in and met up with our group to book our trip to Italy over fall break in October.  Four of us booked it today, but more are doing it tomorrow.  I'm still waiting to see whether anyone wants to go to Amsterdam with me directly from Venice, so I still have some planning left.  Also, I really thank you Mom and Dad for being amazing with these whole trip things and paying half and letting me pay you back because some other kids here are really stressed out about money and their parents will only let them spend a certain amount and others have to pay the full amount. People are also getting stressed out about getting to the airport or train station and getting to the hotels so I'm glad that I've been to cities and everything before so I know how to plan and figure everything out without much worry. After we planned that, I took a shower and then googled maps of Disneyland Paris because honestly that might be the trip I'm looking forward to the most. Tomorrow my Richmond class starts, which is good, because so far this has been feeling like a vacation and I sometimes forget I'm supposed to be going to school too.  I miss homework and having a routine, though, so I'll be glad once everything actually starts and this orientation week is over.

*I'm really sorry I haven't posted photos.  The wi-fi here is absolutely terrible and photos just won't upload*

No comments:

Post a Comment