Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 31

A whole month has passed! It doesn't even feel like I've been here this long. Our morning started with the fire alarm going off at 5 am. We walked out of the room and only Emelia and her roommate woke up too, so apparently it was no big deal and we went back to bed. It only went off once so it was really random and no one knew why it happened. My final today was actually harder than we had thought it was going to be. However, it wasn't terrible, and I think I did okay.  Our teacher was really amazing though, so I'm sad that she's leaving.  After class, Emelia left us to take the Harry Potter studio tour with her cousins, so I'm only slightly jealous. It was super far away though and she had to switch buses and Tube stops a lot just to reach her cousins. The other four of us decided to celebrate the end of the final by walking to Richmond Park.  We got close to some deer today which was really cool and saw horses. After walking around there we walked down by the River Thames and circled back around to Richmond.  We were out for several hours, procrastinating from the journal entry that we had to write for Monday.  Eventually we went back and wrote our journal entries and then went to dinner. Dinner was unexciting as usual. After dinner, I started reading the syllabus for my next class next week which is called ILP, or Integrated Liberal Perspective. I have no idea what that means, either. We had to read two readings before Monday, though, so I had to get those done today as I'm away for this weekend. The teacher seems hard, and even though the class seems like a waste of time, it seems like a lot of work. We have two field trips in our class, but unfortunately one of them is on Thursday, the day I leave for Disneyland Paris.  I planned it so I wouldn't miss out 9-12 class, but she decided to have a field trip instead of class, so I have to bring my backpack and everything to the field trip and leave from there. I already emailed her and told her about the situation and she was really nice about it though and said not to worry about it. Tonight we are just waiting for Emelia to come back, and then we are just going to watch a movie or something in the common room (newly refurbished with random decorations from IKEA), and then go to bed early since I have to wake up at 7 to catch my plane. I'm excited to find some real pierogies this weekend :D

No comments:

Post a Comment