Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day 38

So I'm typing now in Disneyland Paris!!!! But it was a long trip to get here, so I'll start from the beginning. This morning I woke up at 2 to watch Supernatural and skyped Ashleigh during the whole show. I went back to bed at 3, and then got up at 7:30 for our field trip. We rushed down to get breakfast at 8, and then left at 8:15 to meet our teacher at the Tube station to go to the Docklands Museum. We got to the platform, and we had to take a train to Waterloo. The first train was insanely packed, and five of us got left behind, as usual. We got on the next one and met up with the group at the final station. When we reached Canary Wharf where the museum was, our teacher didn't know how to get to the museum so she asked all of us. I was given a map she had printed off of Google and told her which way to go, but as usual, none of the guys believed me so they insisted to go another way. I held my ground but no one believed me, so the teacher went to a security guard and asked him, and he pointed in the same direction I had told them to go. Of course. Whatever. Anyways, we got to the very not fascinating museum of the Docklands. Basically it tells about the start of the London ports and their trading system and it was pretty boring. It was the reason why museums get a bad rap. There were some cool parts where they had reconstructed a street from that time period which was fun to walk through, but it was dull overall. We had to just take three pictures to do an assignment, so we were done within the first twenty minutes, but we stayed there for about two hours. After the tour Janelle and I left to go to St. Pancras station, only about 35 minutes away. We arrived there at about 12:30, and our train left at 3. I bought a package of rice cakes for lunch this weekend and bought a 3.99 meal at a small store for lunch/dinner, and, after going through security, got on the train. I did my homework on the train and took a nap, and got off at Lille to switch trains. We had no problems finding our way and everything went smoothly. We arrived at the train station at about 7, and paid to use the bathroom, so it was good I got our Euros. We then had the problem of figuring out how to get to the hotel. The walkway which google had told me to use didn't even exist, and we had no idea which bus to use and there wasn't anyone to ask. We tried taking a taxi but no one wanted to stop for us, so I finally decided to try out Uber. Once we ordered it, the guy driving was really friendly and called me (probably costing some data, sorry) and picked us up shortly. He was really nice and told us which bus to use next time and where to get the bus near our hotel. It only cost 11 euros, so it was a lot cheaper than a taxi and we got to our hotel within 10 minutes. We had no problem checking into our hotel and the lady at the desk also explained the bus system, which is another reason why I needed Euros. It is 2 euros to get to Disney each day, and 2 euros back. Our room is actually really nice. We have a full kitchen with stove, microwave, and fridge, which isn't really needed but kind of cool. I brought croissants and muffins from the dining hall so now I have a place to warm them up I guess. Janelle actually brought a whole loaf of bread and peanut butter and jelly to make sandwiches so both of us planned ahead so we won't have to buy breakfast or lunch. Only supper and maybe a snack :) I'm living cheaply here, mom and dad, and saving you money! Since we got to the hotel at 8, both of us really wanted to go to Disneyland already, so we ran to the bus and got there. Unfortunately, we forgot it was a weekday and the park closed at 8, so we just walked around the Downtown Disney area (called Disney Village) for about 2-3 hours. I saw a lot I want to buy already :D It's also really cool to see all the Disney characters that are highlighted here, like Ratatouille and Aristocats and I even saw a Fox and the Hound stuffed animal. Toy Story is also really big here, as well as obviously Belle. We both got a snack at about 10, then caught the bus back to our hotel. Tomorrow the park opens at 10 and closes at 8, and I'm so excited to finally go in! The entrance today was so beautiful at night! I'm also really happy that Janelle also brought her own food and wants to spend the whole day at the parks and loves Disney too. It's going to be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment