Saturday, October 10, 2015

Day 40

Today was Walt Disney Studios Day! This park finally had the statue of Walt and Mickey, which I was looking for yesterday. The inside of this park reminded me a lot of Hollywood Studios with the fake backdrops and Hollywood-esque streets. It was really pretty, though, and their main street was all enclosed in a fake movie studio which looked super cool. The first thing we did was run to get fast passes for Ratatouille, the newest ride. The fast passes didn't end up helping us as the ride broke down conveniently during the time of our fast pass. Anyways after the fast pass we went and did Toy Story land. They have an RC Racer ride like a pirate ship, a Slinky Dog ride, and a Parachute Drop. It was cutely themed and we walked on all the rides. After that, Janelle went on Tower of Terror while I opted out and instead went to meet Spider Man because he had no line. We then went on the Backlot Tour (exactly the same as was in Hollywood Studios), and went to a couple different shows. There was a Stitch live which was like Turtle Crush so it was really funny. We also went to a live show called Animagique where they actually had a whole segment with dancing pink elephants from pink elephants on parade from Dumbo, which I thought was really different but awesome. We saw Cinemagique which was a film having a guy run through all different movies like Titanic and Star Wars which was cool. For both of these there was one character who spoke English and one who spoke French. For the Animagique one Donald spoke English and Mickey spoke French, so I knew half of what was going on. All the songs were in English though. We did Rock and Roller Coaster, too, and it wasn't half as loud as the one in Hollywood Studios. There was also the animation video with Mushu, but I've seen that so many times and it was in French anyways. The magic carpet ride was closed, and the Cars scrambler had way too long a wait. We did the most wasteful thing by seeing Armageddon: The Special Effects. It said it had a 5 minute wait but it lied. Big time. We were finished in 45 minutes. It was a standing show of clips from Armageddon and then you walked into this huge set from it and the ground shook and lights flashed and it was really weird and took too long a time. We went on Ratatouille, and since our fastpasses couldn't be used, we waited about only 25 minutes in the single rider line. The ride is a 3D dark ride, but the ride system is really technological and reminds me of Spider Man at Universal, with the screens. The car moves and there's different smells and effects and it was pretty cool. The little French town the ride is in is pretty, too. But....let's talk about the Best Ride Ever. Okay. Crush's Coaster. We waited for 45 minutes, twice, in the single rider line to ride this because it was amazing. It's a roller coaster but there's no big drops of anything but it goes super fast and there's wind blowing as if you're in the ocean current and it is completely dart most of the ride, like Space Mountain. It was the best ride ever. I need that to come to Florida. Immediately.  After doing a lot of the rides twice, we left this park to go back to Disneyland to get food. The Studios had no good options for food (there were literally two places to eat and we didn't want burgers again), so we settled for the not so French meal of pizza in Adventureland. We then did Indiana Jones again, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and Phantom Manor. We did some shopping, I got some Christmas presents, and then we found a place to watch the Disney Dreams fireworks show. Now let me tell you about this show. It was absolutely amazing. Beautiful. The castle moves and changes in some techy-way and the effects were so cool. One of the best Disney shows ever. Tomorrow we have about 3 hours in the park so we're hoping to do Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, and Peter Pan before going back to the hotel, grabbing our stuff, then going back to Richmond. It's weird because this whole time I keep forgetting I'm in school and not just on vacation. I cannot wait until I'm back in Florida.

*Also- this hotel's wifi is pretty bad, so I'm sorry if anyone texted/emailed and I haven't responded because I haven't gotten any. Also, Dad, I'm sorry I'll probably go over my data because I used a lot to post this blog post to hook my laptop to data. :( But I wanted to make sure no one thought I was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment