Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 83

Today was a pretty relaxed Sunday. I ate brunch with everyone, then I decided to go to the Tate Modern Art Museum. I had gone wanting to see Salvador Dali, but unfortunately the museum was being renovated so his works were being taken down. I did see some Warhol, Pollock, and Mondrian, which was pretty cool. The rest of the works were kind of lost on me, however, as modern art still doesn't make sense to me. There was one piece of work that was literally just a canvas painted gray. I mean, I'm pretty sure I could do that if I got a canvas and paint too. After the museum I walked to the nearby Christmas market that was happening. Christmas music was playing and it was all lit up so it was really pretty. I ended up getting huge cinnamon bun which might have been one of the best things I ate. I then walked across Millennium Bridge to St. Paul's Cathedral, which was in the distance. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that today was Sunday so I ended up attending a Protestant service. It was pretty to see the inside, though, which is all I really wanted to do.  After Mass I went back to Richmond, just in time for dinner. Dinner was green beans and cucumbers for me tonight, so it was a good thing that cinnamon bun had filled me up. I then just Skyped Mom and Dad and Mamma and Papa for the rest of the night. I also started to reread the Hunger Games randomly too. Tomorrow's my first class with another new teacher, so hopefully it will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment