Monday, November 9, 2015

Day 69 - 70

Sorry for not posting yesterday! I got back so late and didn't feel like writing. Anyways, here's what I did yesterday~~

So on Thursday I mentioned that there was a social event to challenge the buses. It was kind of fun, but really loud and people were being obnoxious. Emelia and I headed back up to the room at about 10:30, so I could take a shower and she could call her mom. We went to bed at 11:30 on Thursday, but the other four girls were still out hanging out at the bar in our hostel, so we left the lights on because we were being nice. Two girls came back at 12:15, were really drunk and were screaming. Emelia and I obviously woke up, and they started apologizing but went back downstairs, so we went back to sleep. At 2 they came back again, once again loud as ever, so Emelia and I were pretty upset and didn't get any sleep that night. So, on Friday morning, we headed back on the bus and started our ride back to Edinburgh, going down the opposite coast that we came up. Our first stop was Loch Ness, where we got out and took pictures and our tour guide made us do this dance to make the Loch Ness Monster appear. She told us all the legends and facts with the monster which was fun to hear about while we drove to our next stop. Our next stop was the Culloden (?) battlefield. It was pouring and windy at this stop, so we briefly walked around but then left soon after. We then stopped at a town to eat lunch, also in the pouring rain, but I got a Loch Ness monster cupcake which was the cutest thing ever. We then stopped at the location where J.M. Barrie got his inspiration for Neverland, which was really, really, really beautiful, and then also stopped at this location where scenes from Outlander were filmed. It was this area of random rocks, almost like Stonehenge and no one knows how they got there or what they were used for. Finally, we stopped at a small town to see the oldest church (1000 years old), and went back on the road and drove for two hours straight to Edinburgh. Our driver Mahri (I spelled her name wrong in the earlier post) was super amazing and she played Disney music for a solid hour which was the best thing in the entire world.  We all wrote her a note in a card and gave it to her at the end and she was all emotional. She did a really good tour though and was hilarious. She dropped us off at the train station, we bought dinner, and then took the five hour train back. We got back to King's Cross at 11, got to Richmond at 12, got to the University at 12:30. I then fought with the printers to print my homework for today, and went to bed at about 1:30.

This morning was rough to be honest. I didn't sleep long for the last two nights so I was exhausted getting up today. Our teacher is still rude and whatnot, and if you lose five points in the class you don't get an A, and I'm already down 1.5, so its not looking too good. We have a quiz everyday based on the 50-100 page reading, and our notes are 20 pages long, and she takes off points if you miss one word. The class itself is boring because its all about ethics and business making decisions and pretty much common sense stuff. Accounting today wasn't too bad compared to that class. We had 120 pages to read and take notes on today, so I was pretty much stuck doing that all day. I did laundry and also worked on an individual presentation I have on Wednesday. I'm also in charge of writing the school blog for this week, so you can read that too. It's not anywhere as good as this one because no one looks at that one and its not a grade or anything so I'm not wasting time on it. Tomorrow I think we are going to Covent Garden because we really need to get out of this school for a break. Emelia and I are going to Cork for the weekend, and we bought a day trip to see the countryside and cliffs of Ireland, and the other day we are going to kiss the Blarney Stone (bucket list item right there). We get back pretty early on Sunday, so luckily I can do my homework then. I'm creating another post just for pictures because they finally uploaded so I'll put up some from Italy and Scotland. I also got my letters from Mom and Dad and Auntie today so thanks <3

No comments:

Post a Comment