Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 63

My first class of Management was pretty boring. The teacher is the same one we had for that week of class before I left for here. It's mostly a business ethics class and not much of management at all. I luckily was able to find an earlier edition of the book for free on my iPad, so I avoided that $200 charge. The class went by fast, though, because she gave us too many group discussions that relied on wifi that does not work reliably at all, so a lot of class was wasted. The teacher herself is not much better than the last one. Emelia and I are missing class on Thursday for Scotland, so we talked to her about it after class. She said that we would miss a reading quiz, and we offered to make it up the previous night. She refused that, so we offered to get there 15 minutes earlier to class to take it, but she said that it would defeat the purpose since quizzes are part of class time. Eventually, after a lot of pretty much straight begging, she is letting us take it at the beginning of classtime on Thursday, then Emelia and I pretty much have to run down to catch the Tube and we are still going to be late for the meeting time. Luckily our chaperone for Scotland was very nice about it when I told her that we would be late, while our teacher was not very accepting of our school trip. It's kind of ironic because she told us all before we left to sign up for all the school trips. Accounting was boring as usual. I ended up getting an A- on the midterm, so I was pretty pleased with that, especially since no one got an A. After class we got lunch then started reading our 100 pages and take notes and do Accounting homework, so none of us got out today. I also struggled with printing the notes as that took about a good 40 minutes. Also, our light in our room blew out today, and of course maintenance doesn't work on Mondays, and won't even process our request until tomorrow, so it might be sometime before we can see in our room again. It makes doing homework pretty hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment