Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Day 106

Saturday is coming really quickly. I slept in a lot today, after having stayed up to finally watch Pitch Perfect 2 and catch up on the Big Bang Theory. We all grabbed lunch together, then went to the Pound Store where I got some different kind of candy for Nat and Jonny to have. After we walking there since none of us wanted to use up our Oyster Cards, it was pretty much dinner time. They were serving 'tomato soup', so all of us got some, but soon realized it was literally tomato sauce. To put on pasta. Like from a jar. Anyways, after dinner we dressed up and met Hamakawa to walk to Richmond Theater to see Cinderella.  Now, he did not warn us at all that this was supposed to be a comedic version of Cinderella at all. The song "Celebration" started playing, and all of us knew this was going to be interesting. Some jokes were kind of funny, like mentioning the VW scandal, some we didn't understand because we're not from here, and some were just weird. They sang "Blurred Lines", an Ed Sheeran song, "Ghostbusters" and "Uptown Funk", and that's just some of the songs. Oh and they sang "All About that Bass". In Cinderella. It was really weird. I'm not sure if I liked it or hated it, to be honest. I liked the music, but I'm not sure I liked it for Cinderella. The interesting thing about the play though was that Hayley Mills was the fairy godmother and she was in Disney's The Parent Trap. It was really weird because I was just listening to a song from the Parent Trap on my phone yesterday at the gym and knew that name sounded familiar and then I found out why. The theater was nice and small, though, but no one missed on not seeing it. Ash definitely would have hated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment