Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Disney College Program - Casting

So today I had my casting for the DCP. I woke up early at around 8:30, and pretty much just ate breakfast and watched the Bachelor until everyone else woke up. I left to go to casting at around 12 to catch the bus that was supposed to come at 12:30. The bus ended up coming at 1:15, so that just shows how unreliable the buses here are. The whole process to casting was fun and I won some free Disney College Program pens and luggage tags because I was the only one to answer simple Disney trivia questions on the bus. Like honestly everyone here should know when Epcot opened. It is sad because I've heard a lot of people saying that they just applied randomly and weren't even sure if they were going to accept it, so I feel upset anytime someone says that. Casting was such a cute building. The doorknobs were from Alice in Wonderland, and the main entrance had gold statues of Disney characters surrounding it. Casting itself was pretty boring, getting fingerprinted, making sure your I-9 was right, and getting your training and Traditions schedule. My Traditions is Saturday at 1:30, so I have literally nothing to do Thursday or Friday, and tomorrow I just have a housing meeting. Sunday I have my first training from 7:30-4, so that will be a really long day. There's three days of training and most people know their times for all of it but my schedule just says will hear more information, so I only know my time and location for Sunday. Any time after Traditions, though, I can go to the parks. I already did my online work today because it was just taking notes and reading the chapter. After Casting I drove to Walmart to get q-tips and some medicine because I feel pretty bad today. My roommates now are gone to show one of them where all the Disney parks are located (?) and I'm eating leftover pizza, watching that new Netflix show about Steven Avery, and am in bed. I already fell asleep like twice. Tomorrow I'll try to sleep in because my housing meeting isn't until 1. Then I'm not sure what to do because I already did all my schoolwork. I really wanted to get to the gym this week but my head is pounding. Good thing I have hot tea with me, though. Makes me feel better and our apartment is really cold. Nothing else really excited happened today. Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment